Afternoon Program Centre
We welcome you and your child to the optional, AFTERNOON PROGRAMME service. We aim to provide a well supervised yet relaxed and fun facility for your child. The service is run by staff , appointed supervisors and assistants and managed by phase Heads and the Head of the Prep School.
The three Phase centres are provided by Penryn at an additional cost to parents. Your child is welcome to join from 13:30 (Preschool to GR 2) 14:00 (GR 3) and 15:00 (GR 4-7) after the inclusive school day. All children get plenty of opportunities to play during the afternoon..
FOUNDATION PHASE (GR 1-3)
Registration and Communication
Kindly make use of the digital enrolment form to register your child for the term.
Each Centre has a dedicated cell phone for effi cient liaison and communication. These specifi c numbers for the Centre Supervisors will be given to you on registration of your child.
Access and Safety
Safety and care are non-negotiable priorities for us who supervise and provide the Afternoon Programme option for your children.
The centre environment is strictly controlled in terms of safety and access. In order to uphold these conditions, it is a rudimentary requirement for parents to off er us their full cooperation and abide by the school Headmaster’s requirements and of those who represent the Headmaster in their capacities as Supervisors and assistants.
The Preschool and Foundation Phase Centres have controlled access through stipulated gates and this is tightly controlled to ensure the safety of the children, which we ask you to respect at all times for obvious reasons.
A letter of permission should be supplied to us if you are making use of a driver, au pair or taxi service to collect your child from the Centre. The person collecting your child will also be required to sign your child out every day.
YOU, OR THE RESPONSIBLE PERSON, MUST PLEASE SIGN YOUR CHILD OUT EVERY DAY ON THE REGISTER PROVIDED. IF THIS PRACTICE IS NOT ADHERED TO, THE SCHOOL WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
The children may not sign themselves out, nor may they be fetched by an older sibling unless authorised by a parent and supervisors, in writing.
Terms and Conditions
- Operating hours are Monday to Friday strictly from 13h30 to 17h00 during the school term. (See Phase specifi c times coinciding with closure times per phase) The programme makes allowances for activities such as games and outdoor play.
- The service closes promptly at 17h00. There will be a charge levied of R50 per 15 minutes or part thereof of a child being cared for if parents are late in collecting their child. This will be levied to the school account.
- There is no service during the school holidays and this service closes at 14h00 on the last day of a school term.
- Free aftercare is provided for all younger siblings of Senior Phase scholars on Founders’ Day.
- Penryn’s Code of Conduct will regulate the behaviour of scholars.
- Penryn exercises the right to discontinue the aftercare service for an individual child due to contraventions stipulated in the Code of Conduct, and at the Prep Head’s discretion.
- Centre facilitators are responsible for signing attendees into the APC and in the more senior grades, children are permitted themselves in at 15:00 under the guidance of the facilitators or APC Manager.
- The Indemnity form signed at admission of your child to Penryn each year applies.
- Homework sessions are supervised only. The fi nal responsibility remains with the parents to ensure that homework is completed.
Scholars will be provided with juice and a snack at ±15h30. Please provide your child with a labelled plastic tumbler. Parents are requested to pack a healthy lunch for the afternoon.
Fees and Billing
FULL TIME PER CHILD
MONTHLY X 10 – PAYMENT TO BE MADE BY THE LAST DAY OF EACH MONTH – INCLUDING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS R 880.00
PER TERM X4 – PAYMENT TO BE MADE BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS EACH TERM R2 200.00
R60.00 PER DAY R25 FOR THE FIRST HOUR FOR FOUNDATION PHASE SCHOLARS WHO ARE ONLY ATTENDING THE SERVICE FROM 14:00 TO 15:00 WHILST WAITING FOR OLDER SIBLINGS TO COMPLETE THEIR DAY AT 15:00.
The appropriate amount for the service will be added to your school fee account at the beginning of each term. Please mark any payments made to us clearly with your child’s name, grade, and “APC” especially if you are paying by electronic transfer. If you pay school fees via debit order, the full day service fees will be included.
- Complete the digital enrolment form and submit it. Please complete a separate form for each child.
- Please ensure that Penryn is advised of any changes in detail during the year i.e. phone numbers, banking details and e-mail addresses as this all helps to facilitate smooth administrative procedures, as well as help us to provide the best possible service to you and your child. Parents are able to amend their personal contact details, address changes etc. directly on the Parent
- Should you want to remove your child/children from the service; a term’s notice must be given in writing depending on the payment arrangements made with the school.