Penryn College congratulates our matric class of 2014 for their excellent matriculation results. For the 17th consecutive year all the matriculants of Penryn College have passed. 90,3% of the Penryn matrics are eligible to enter Bachelor’s degrees at university. In addition, every one of the 124 matrics obtained results qualifying them to at least study for a Diploma. The 90,3% exceeds the 85,45% of all IEB matrics who are eligible to enter Bachelor’s degree studies.
The 2014 Penryn matric class achieved 138 distinctions, with 63 of the matrics achieving at least one distinction. 73% of all subject marks obtained by the matrics were above 60% (66,4% in 2013). Half of all our matrics achieved above 70% for English (5% more than the general IEB population).
Scholars who achieved multiple distinctions are as follows:
• 7 distinctions: Nomzamo Khoza, Leané van Zyl
• 6 distinctions: Amy Schofield
• 5 distinctions: Tristyn Biggs, Sibusisiwe Magagula, Jessie Phyffer, Nadia Venter
• 4 distinctions: Daniel Büchner, Alexandra de Wet, Jesse Henderson, Akani Mabaso, Jacques Potgieter
• 3 distinctions: Robyn Anderson, Jason Chandler, Dominique Correia, Nomfundo Sikonela, Shannon Whittal, Tendai Tungwarara, Mpumi Zwane
Read more >>